Saturday, June 18, 2011

Released soon: Carla's Cloud Catastrophe

by Vivian Zabel   



          Carla's Cloud Catastrophe by Beth Bence Reinke and illustrated by Ginger Nielson will be released by July 1. Let's enjoy watching and listening to the book trailer created by Ginger.




          The Children's and Teens' Book Connection posted a review of the delightful book:
 An imaginative, fun story is what you’ll find in Carla’s Cloud Catastrophe by Beth Bence Reinke.
While walking home from the bakery with her father and her sister, Anna, Carla sees clouds falling from the sky. They cover everything: the ground, traffic lights, the grass, even Papa. Carla is afraid she’ll be late for her own birthday party. Papa is the Director of Transportation, so he is called into a meeting on how to handle the cloud situation. All the adults start tossing around ideas on what to do with the clouds. Could Carla have a better solution? Will she make it to her birthday party on time?

My girls and I loved this book. Its unique storyline drew us in right away. Having read Reinke’s A Wish and A Prayer and In My Bath, I knew this would be a wonderful book; but this story is definitely my favorite. Here is a young girl trying to get home from the bakery with her birthday cake, and clouds start falling from the sky. Carla is sure she won’t make it to her party on time. She travels through her neighborhood, finding fallen clouds everywhere. Then she has to follow her dad into an important meeting on how to handle the situation. I would be freaking out if I were Carla. :) 

Ginger Neilson’s beautiful artwork brings this story to life. From the puffy clouds falling on Papa to the fluffy mess at the public library, and from the splatters of clouds coming off the merry-go-round to the clouds stuck to the church’s steeple, every page is filled with wonderful illustrations to make this story come alive.  

Every youngster will want a copy of Carla’s Cloud Catastrophe!
Rating:  :) :) :) :) :)
Publisher:  4RV Publishing
ISBN: 978-0-9828346-0-2
AVAILABLE SUMMER 2011!


          The book is available through the 4RV Publishing Catalog.

7 comments:

  1. A wonderful review! I think because of the fun and the weather connection boys, girls and their parents will enjoy this book. It is the kind children will want to read over and over and even the youngest will be able to "
    "read" the story in their own way without any help. Congratulations to Beth, who always finds just the right words to excite, explain and entertain young readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing Cheryl's review and Ginger's trailer here on the 4RV blog, Vivian. I hope kids will enjoy Carla's "tall tale" and the fun characters and beautifully-illustrated scenes. I love Carla's unique look and her expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought since Carla's story would be out soon that now would be a good time to start promoting.

    Just a short time until it's public. Yea!

    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me want to purchase the book for my four-year-old granddaughter and I to read together. She is the fifth of five granddaughters and needs a little individual attention from time to time. This may be a new excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to get the book for my younger grandchild and great grandchildren.

    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the story and I thought it would be perfect for a child. The imaginative situation and Ginger's excellent drawings make this a very unusual picture book for a variety of ages. I also loved working on this with Beth and Vivian.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Copies of Carla's Cloud Catastrophe ordered and will be on hand in two weeks or less.

    People can order now.

    ReplyDelete