Vivian's post about attending book fairs, festivals, and craft shows reminded me that fall is coming, and before we know it, the holidays will be here. It is estimated that one in four books is sold during the holiday season.
Have you started your holiday season marketing plan? If not, here are some ideas to get you started.
- Make sure all your book descriptions are current
- Update your author bio
- Verify links to purchase your books are operational (broken links disappoint potential readers)
- Schedule your social media posts in weekly or monthly blocks
- Plan emails to your readers with giveaways for their loyal readership
- Check your local paper for selling opportunities like craft fairs
- Prepare a budget for paid advertising
- Order your book supply for events early so that you have them in time
- Create or order promotional materials for events ahead of time
Cheryl C. Malandrinos is a freelance writer and editor. She is the author of four children’s books including, A Christmas Kindness, released by 4RV Publishing. A blogger and book reviewer, she lives in Massachusetts with her husband and three adult children. Visit Cheryl's website at https://ccmalandrinos.com or her children’s book blog at https://childrensandteensbookconnection.wordpress.com