Friday, September 9, 2011

Promotion: Reviews of Time Pullers

by Vivian Zabel 


          Time Pullers, by Horton Deakins, is 4RV Publishing's first science fiction novel. The cover, designed by Aidana WillowRaven, represents the altered view readers will have about UFOs and other staples of SciFi.

          The novel has received many reviews and comments, all positive. Personally, I found the book intriguing, and I'm not an avid science fiction fan. However, I'll have to add Horton Deakins to my list of favorite writers in this genre: Anne McCaffrey (and with Elizabeth Ann Scarborough), Edgar Rice Borroughs, and Terry Brooks' earlier books.

          Let's read some of the reviews and comments about this "different" science fiction novel.

From Lew Silverberg :
I have finished reading the Time Pullers and want you to know how much I enjoyed reading it.  The book was full of surprises for me.  Not just the plot and the character development, but the originality and creativity that is evident.  Also evident the amount of research you put into it.  Different languages, different cultures, the military – all show how much you had put into the writing of the book.  Interestingly I also found much in it that I saw as auto biographical – much of you is in the story.  I guess you write about what you know, and what you know is often yourself, so it comes out on paper.  I was lost in a lot of the science –I take it on faith that there is something in there but it was over my head.  Nevertheless, I found it an exemplary work and I want to congratulate you for achieving it.  But the final twist I never saw coming!  Perfect! 
I guess you feel great pride at having completed it – or at least you should be proud.  So on behalf of me and my cousin Willa Silverberg here’s a salute to you!!!
(Author’s note: Willa Silverberg is a character from the book)

From Marian B.
Very compelling story! I had a hard time putting the book down this morning so that I could get a few other things taken care of! Very inventive!
From Suzanne M.
My son and his family left last Sunday and my brother-in-law and his family left on Wednesday, so I finally had the opportunity to start your book last night.  I am only 50 pages in, but I’m REALLY ENJOYING it!   
Your writing is very readable and the imagery works for me.  I could hear the brakes on the big rig as Clark Gable tried to stop at the gate.  I am visual, so I pictured the ’76 Trans Am as red and Dr. Dubois’ Citroen as black. 

I’m looking forward to diving into the story this weekend.
(note: Suzanne went on to finish the book and said she enjoyed it and would recommend it.)

Amazon Reviews: 
Five stars (by Jerry):  A great hard science fiction time travel book. Very intriguing and hard to put down. The scientific theory explanations are what sets this book apart from other sci-fi books. The detail of the time travel theories and the process leaves you convinced, and you have to remind yourself that this is fiction. Interesting characters, suspenseful storyline. If you enjoyed “Contact,” you will enjoy "Time Pullers"

Five stars (by Larry):  Very interesting book with some local color. A thinking person's book with intrigue and action. Moves along nicely. At each chapter's end, you want to know what is coming next.

 Reviews on the cover:

“Intrigue, duplicity, parallel universes and alternate realities combine to make this a novel that perhaps hits too close to home. Thank you Mr. Deakins for a fun read!” 
Wayne Harris-Wyrick, Celestial Wizard
Director, Kirkpatrick Planetarium
, Science Museum Oklahoma

“Full of logistical details on how to deal with a threat from the past that can seriously ruin your day in the future.”
Elizabeth Ann Scarborough
Author of more than a dozen novels
and co-author with Anne McCaffrey

          Time Pullers can be found through most bookstores, Amazon.com, and the 4RV Bookstore.

 

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great read! The cover is amazing and extremely inviting. It is a book I will want on my shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting. The cover is awesome and I like the books title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate the nice comments.
    If you'd like to read the first chapter, you can find it on my website: www.hortondeakins.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the cover compliments. It was one I struggled with, as I always do with abstract concepts. It took several revisions, but this one was the winner.

    Hope ya'll enjoy the book, Ginger & Susanne.

    ReplyDelete