Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Holiday!

by Aidana WillowRaven

I won't bore ya'll with technical drivel today since most of us have Spring feasts to indulge in. I will, however share an illustration I did recently in honor of both St. Patrick's Day and Spring, which is what Easter celebrations were all about, even if I didn't have the forethought to hide a few eggs here and there.  Maybe I'll revisit this image later and add a bunny and some eggs. :D

But, I hope the feeling of Spring I tried to invoke is enough to make this a relevant image. :D


If you sense a story behind this, there is (as there is with most of my work), but it's more historical than anything else. You can read about it on my website.
 
Everybody have a safe and prosperous holiday!
 
 
 
Art Director & VP of Operations

5 comments:

  1. Pretty. Definitely conveys spring. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For Christians, Easter is more than a celebration of spring, but it does represent new life and redemption. Whenever we as authors or artists create a manuscript, painting, or drawing, we are creating "new life" in a way, or I hope we are.

    Aidana, you created something beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us.

    Happy Easter, everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! The scenery and the lovely lady took my breath away.

    Linda A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful illustration! Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone. I hope all had a peaceful and lovely holiday. :D

    ReplyDelete