Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Review: Dust of Lies

 


Dust of Lies
Written by G.K. Davenport
Published by 4RV Publishing
2020
Review by MLM Opinion's Reviews 

I enjoyed the book. It’s an excellent little mystery read. It’s about Kay, a reporter who is looking for the story of the year. She was going to cover the story of an old jail building that was about to be knocked down, the last piece of history.

“Here, I hang. With my face to the wall. Ora Price was the cause of it all.” She finds a piece of a wall with words written by a prisoner, Ezra Hacker, who died while incarcerated. It was a poem that touched her, and she found herself wanting to know more about this man and his history. 

The poem is where the story begins. Kay is determined to figure out Ora, the prisoner’s wife, and what causes Ezra to abandon all responsibility. Her mother-in-law encouraged her to dive deeper and discover the truth. 

Dust of Lies is an excellent look into the past and the secrets waiting to be exposed. This book kept me wanting more, and I couldn’t put it down. I highly recommend this book, especially if you love a good mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment