This is December - a month noted for giving and receiving. What are gifts that writers like?
- Faith and belief that their stories will be self-published or published by traditional publishers
- Investment of time, talent, and/or money to educate, write, critique, and revise
- Materials to write: pencil/pen and paper, computer and backup protection, writing software
- Life Experiences to notice emotional impact in themselves and and others
- Read best-selling books in their genre(s)
- Study books and/or expert blog posts on the craft of writing; take workshops online or in person
- Study the pitches of best-selling books and movies
- Study possible markets
- Submit work often (Pubsub)
- Book Review on Amazon
Doing a book review for a writer is an awesome gift. Receiving a book review is even more reason to celebrate. If you let an author know you're willing to do a book review, many times he'll send you a paperback or digital copy.
What is your favorite gift as a writer?
Celebrate you today.